Another five of Corpus Christi’s residential streets will be redone. During its regular meeting Tuesday, City Council awarded a $5.5 million contract to A. Ortiz Construction & Paving for the road reconstruction.
Construction is slated to start early next year and be completed by the end of summer 2021.
The work is part of the Residential Street Rebuild Program, which extends the life of residential streets by replacing failing pavement. It also includes sidewalk repairs and accessibility curb ramps and new striping and pavement markings. Funding comes from 2016 and 2018 bonds.
The streets to be repaired are:
- Bartlett Drive from South Saxet Drive to Krejci Lane
- Florida Avenue from Kosar Street to Normandy Drive
- Brisbane Drive from Saratoga Boulevard to Congressional Drive
- Kentner Street from Cape Cod Drive to Canterbury Drive
- Woodgate Drive from Northgate Road to Heaven’s Gate Drive